This article will talk about facts about light towers. So, what exactly is a light tower? Light towers are versatile lighting arrangements containing a variety of electric lights attached to the highest point of a pole. Light towers are efficient to focus the light on an assigned region. Moreover, the pole connects to a trailer-like base that fills in as an anchor to adjust the tower, permitting the unit to tow it from one site to another.
Before the revelation of electricity, the most famous and unmistakable light towers were famous lighthouses high on the beach on shores all over the planet. Furthermore, these massive constructions have been around for many years and initially utilized fire to make light. After some time, lighthouses were retrofitted with electric lights. Various lighthouses are as yet in activity today.
American urban communities looked for a speedy and economical method for lighting their roads around the evening during the 1800s. In addition, urban communities’ methodology to address this issue was to raise lumbering “moon towers”- oil derrick-like designs with an intense light on top that attempted to wash whole towns in a moonlike sparkle.
As the gas-powered motor improved during the early and mid-twentieth century, technology was joined with the first plan of light towers. Furthermore, they developed into convenient light towers and stay an essential part of work destinations and different uses today.
The way of a power source that produces power for the lights and the plan of the base characterizes the kind of light tower. In addition, any have enormous heavy trailer bases, while others utilize miniature cart-like bases. Types of light towers include:
- Internal combustion engine-powered models such as compact standard duty, compact heavy-duty, and heavy industrial duty.
- Solar-powered units contain a battery or multiple batteries to store solar power generated during the day.
- Portable lighting carts with a small base and compact generator utilizing a shorter mast, allowing movement without hitching the apparatus to a vehicle.
The trailer or cart-like base of the light towers contains a battery cluster or a gas-powered motor filled with diesel, fuel, petroleum gas, or propane. Generators are set up to give voltage to the lights. The generator accepts its power from a motor or batteries. The electricity streams from the generator to electrical cables situated along the pole and associated with the light or series of lights. Different battery-powered models come furnished with solar panels mounted on the base. The sunlight arrays are fit for gathering and storing sufficient energy during the day to power the lights during an entire evening.
Features of Light Towers
The most specific aspects of the light tower are the height of its pole and the power of its lights. The mix of the two details decides the area of illumination and intensity of light required inside a specific space. The power source decides the time allotment lighting will endure before refueling or re-energizing. Extra power choices, like solar panels, broaden use past the essential power source.
Choices to raise and lower poles are accessible. There are a few types of this element, like frameworks of folding posts or inflating and deflating air-based poles. Many sizes of light towers are accessible, which decides its transportability attributes. In addition, enormous light towers have a trailer chassis with a hitch and interstate prepared tires. Medium to minor units contains coordinated carts that are manually moveable.
Light towers are a vital accessory for the construction industry. Crews can work in different shifts where external light is essential. In addition, light towers are a fundamental piece of jobs efficient in remote or challenging to reach areas, like:
- Road Repair and Construction
- Railroad tracks
- Wind towers
Lighting towers serve a significant capacity for military use in forwarding operating bases (FOB). In addition, significant games use light towers when extra safety measures are considered for expanded pedestrian traffic inside the venue or outside the location. Furthermore, transportation improvement projects require light towers for late evening work performed during little traffic times.
- Power source specifications of light towers include:
- Fuel type and fuel capacity for internal combustion engine models
- The engine horsepower rating for required wattage rating and electrical load
- Engine noise output rating
- Storage capacity for battery-powered models
- Operating efficiency
- Operable hours before refuel or recharge
- Emissions rating
Extra details are accommodated physical dimensions, weight, and pole height. Moreover, the number of lights utilized and the technology of the bulbs decide lumens’ output specifications. Light bulbs comprise halogen, metal halide, incandescent, fluorescent, and LED. So, what Do Light Towers Consist of?
- First, rubber tires are rated for highway use or tires of harder rubber and plastics for portables.
- Second, steel, aluminum, and other metal alloys used to construct the base.
- Then, a durable metal or combination of metal and plastic for the shell containing the internal combustion engine, generator, or battery array.
- Next, a metal pole or inflatable mast.
- Finally, a lighting array consisting of metal, plastic, fiberglass, and other hard materials is engineered to house multiple bulb types and withstand high degrees of heat.
A few considerations determine the specific application the light towers were good. The size of the location requiring light is the main factor. Estimating the maximum height of the pole and wattage result of the light system gives a premise for coverage and brightness capacities. Furthermore, expenses of activity and maintenance should meet monetary imperatives. The need to adjust direct up-front purchase costs with continuous fuel uses and future overhead limits the scope of choice. However, while battery arrays and solar panel choices help decrease expenses, these elements have life expectancy ratings and maintenance contemplations that add to the all-out cost of possession.
Cart-like or compact trailer models are ideal for indoor or small development project needs. Moreover, this is particularly obvious, assuming that operators should move the unit often during use.
Lastly, modern commercial construction and public lighting applications require bigger units with higher strength rankings to endure messy conditions and outrageous environments.
- About Us
- Heavy Equipment For Sale
- Today’s Inventory
- Contact Us
- Construction Equipment
- Farm Equipment
- Highway Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Cherry Pickers
- Where To Buy Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment For Sale
- Where To Buy Construction Equipment
- Heavy Equipment Dealer In Texas
- Find Heavy Equipment And Trucks
- Heavy Equipment For Sale In Texas
- Where To Buy Heavy Equipment Parts
- Heavy Equipment And Machinery For Sale
- Who Sell Heavy Equipment In Texas
- Maintaining Construction Equipment
- Motor Grader Vs Dozer
- Safety Tips For Construction Equipment
- Maintenance Of Construction Equipment
- Tips For Operating A Mini Excavator
- Reduce Heavy Equipment Fuel Costs
- Types, Parts, And Uses Of Bulldozers
- Types Of Construction Equipment
- Problems With Small Excavators
- How To Avoid Job Site Injuries
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- Best Between Backhoe And Excavator
- What Is A Telehandler
- Should I Rent Or Buy Heavy Machinery
- 5 Differences Of Telehandler And Forklift
- Things To Check Before Buying An Excavator
- 7 Tips To Maximize Your Return
- Backhoe Vs Excavator
- Heavy Equipment For Construction
- Safety Tips For Incident Prevention
- Check Before Buying Heavy Machinery
- Signs Of Overworked Heavy Equipment
- 11 Different Types Of Dump Trucks
- Excavator Preventive Maintenance Tips
- Tips Before Buying Mini Excavators
- New And Used Heavy Equipment
- Buying Used Mini Excavators
- Excavator Problems And Solutions
- Common Types Of Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Lifting Equipment
- Compact Track Loader Maintenance
- Construction Dump Trucks
- Before Purchasing A Used Excavator
- Motor Graders Uses And Benefits
- Construction Equipment And Machinery
- Heavy Equipment Inspections
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Benefits
- Types Of Equipment In Civil Construction
- How To Operate A Dozer
- How To Maintain Your Machine
- Everything About Excavators
- Heavy Equipment Safety Tips
- Picking The Best Excavator
- Operating The Motor Graders
- Safety Tips For Machines And Equipment
- Construction Injuries Statistics
- Types Of Skid Steer Tires
- Common Excavator Problems
- Names Of Construction Equipment