Buying a new forklift isn’t necessarily as involved as buying more prominent pieces of heavy equipment with a more extensive range of attachments or applications. But that doesn’t mean you should go ahead and purchase the first one you see.
Like any other machine, a forklift is an investment in your business. Therefore, it’s essential to take a little extra time to ensure you get the right one to safely, efficiently, and effectively meet your needs. Selecting the perfect forklift for its particular demands will keep down maintenance costs over time and maximize the machine’s life while boosting productivity and reducing the risk of accidents, damage, and injuries. Below are some of the key points to consider when buying a new forklift. See them and shop with confidence! And don’t forget to talk to your dealer about your needs and desires so he can help you make the wisest shopping decision.
Advice for Buying a New Forklift
- Know your lifting needs. Buy a forklift with specifications and accessories that match the load capacity, load types, high lift, and working hours it needs to meet.
- Is the forklift typical for indoor or outdoor use, or both? What soil conditions will it work? How wide are the trails, and how tight are the turns so you can navigate? These things affect engine designs, specifications, and wheels.
- When buying a forklift truck, ensure that people have the training to operate it and have a good view and safety features. Things like backup alarms, well-placed mirrors, and adequate lighting are essential. And anyone who uses or works near it should check forklift safety practices.
- Think of the comfort of the operator. Ergonomic seats, user-friendly controls, and other aspects of the transparently designed forklift cab are necessary for operator comfort. A friendly operator is a happier, more productive, and safer operator.
- Don’t buy just for the price. The cheapest forklift can be just as attractive if you are looking for a tight budget, but this is not an intelligent way to buy equipment. In addition to sacrifices of energy, efficiency, safety, and other aspects of performance, the cost of living is often higher. On the other hand, better machines usually require less maintenance and last longer.
- Buy a well-known brand from a well-known dealer. Choosing a top forklift will ensure you have a high-performance engine with the lowest cost of living and maximum life. You are always accompanied by a reseller who has unrivaled service and support. We strongly recommend purchasing a CASE forklift from Interstate Heavy Equipment.